Saturday, 30 September 2006

September 2006

(Original blog can be found at http://wynnii.blogs.friendster.com)

Thursday, 28 September 2006
It's Not Funny
Of all places: Zouk


Of all people: Two of them

You up there. It's not funny.



Tuesday, 26 September 2006
Golden Words
Came across these golden words just. Remember.


Any friend can help you move house.
Only a true friend will help you move a body.

I wanna put this to the test. *looks around for true friend*



Thursday, 21 September 2006
Obsession At Its Peak
Miss Fung has decided to up the ante for her obsession for me. She wants to outdo Qiaojing once and for all. She wanna stay at the top for the longest time ever. You would never guess what she did.


*drumroll*

Miss Jessica Fung wanna "engrave" my name on her wrist!

She has only one stroke of 'W' so far but she's getting there. It's not that easy, you know. Every stroke takes a lot of courage and effort. Her love for me will definitely help her overcome all the pain. Didn't they say "Love conquers all"? They failed to mention, though, that love is crazy. Living example: Miss Fung. (Jess, send a pic of your wrist to me so I can show (off) to the world.)

I was telling her that she should be glad my name comprises only straight strokes. Imagine if my name is Jessica! All the swiggly lines will kill! (Good thing you’re not obsessed with yourself eh.) Miss Fung, therefore, I cannot reciprocate your love for me the way you showed yours.

I could, however, showed you more than ample mercy at your birthday celebration. And I have. You were not even half as un-sober (I shall refrain from using the D word) as you were the last time we partied. See how much I love you.

All in all, it’s the same old fun at MOS with Jessica, Ying, Qiaojing. I daresay, with Jessica and I around, fun is a given.



Thursday, 14 September 2006
Of All Times
Qiaojing and I went to catch Forbidden City: Portrait of An Empress at the Esplanade (pronounced as Es-pla-na-day by the darker race). Show was pretty good. Not my type of musical but I do like the costumes. Could have more change of costumes though.

I must mention this. I saw a guy in bemuda shorts and flip flops in the theatre! FLIP FREAKING FLOPS! FREAKING FLIP FLOPS! FLOP FREAKING FLIPS! Doesn't the Esplanade have a dress code? Gosh! How the hell did he even manage to get in? This guy should be drag to the Padang and be executed. As the Chinese saying goes, "Kill one to warn a hundred". Okie, this sounds a tad harsh but seriously, if you cannot even be bothered to wear some proper attire, then please stay at home and watch the televised version of Forbidden City three months down the road. We are not talking about tuxedoes here, just some proper pants and shoes! And it's just a three months wait!

That wasn't the highlight of the day though. The highlight of the day how we epitomized "fan jian"-ness. Qiaojing mentioned that she didn't feel safe with the lax security bag checks at the Esplanade. The guy merely glanced at the contents of our bags and waved us through.

Ask and thy shall receive, I say.

I have this craving for strawberries and waffles these few days. After the show, we decided we'll go the nearby hotels to satisfy the craving once and for all. Of all times, we must choose to go last night. With the IMF and WB meetings, security is, of course, super duper tight. We had to walk about three thousand two hundred and one miles to get to Pan Pacific (getting lost in the process) only to have our bags radiated and finding out they don't serve the dessert we want. We then walked another three thousand two hundred and one miles (passing one way way way wicked automated raised security road block that prevent vehicles barging through) to get to Mandarin Marina only to have our bags radiated the second time and finding out they don't serve the dessert we want as well!!!

Yes, this has gotta be the epitome of "fan jian"-ness. Six million four thousand and two hundred miles, no waffles, no strawberries, only a whole lot of radiation.

The only blessing, we got a cab within five minutes at Mandarin. If we had queued at the Esplanade, we would definitely still be at the back of the never-ever-ending cab queue.

Qiaojing, do you feel very very very very safe and secure now?



Wednesday, 13 September 2006
I Am Determined (The Sequel)
To ensure I'm still living a very fulfilling (this word is relative) life even though I'm working, I played monopoly last last Friday.

I played monopoly again last Saturday.

The plan is to play again this Friday.


I know, I know. It doesn't seem much of a life either but hey, to each his (or in this case, her) own!Anyway, this Friday's monopoly game plan is thwarted by birthday celebrationS~~ (<--- noticed the bold capital 'S'?) Birthday celebrations super-duper-exceed all monopoly games, of course! We are going to celebrate Ying and Jess' birthdays! Two in a night! How wicked is that? Now, I'm the one putting the party together and you make a smart guess on what we'll be doing and where we'll be going? Clubbing, of course. Duh~ *roll my eyes three hundred million times* Even an Amoeba can get that right too. FYI, an Amoeba is something that has more brain cells than you if you have to look it up. Seriously, whatever did you learn in school? But, I digress. I bet we're in for a super duper good time this Friday. Jessica said, "Eugina and I can get drunk together." Miss Fung, you're going to regret ever saying these golden words for the rest of your life. *manic evil laughter* Miss Fung, I think you should stay over at my place on Fri. You know why and I know why. *manic evil laughter turns sheepish evil laughter* I just realised I didn't announce Ying's birthday (which falls on 4th Sept) to the world. Here goes... Happy Belated Birthday, honey-obsessed Ying!!!

(Don't ask why she's honey obsessed. Then again, you cannot ask doesn't mean I cannot tell. Whaha~

Ying is obsessed with honey cos she can hibernate like a bear after she eats it. Bear likes honey. Bear eats honey. Bear hibernates after eating honey. Same goes for Ying. Now, don't ask why she wanna hibernate.)

I know. I have the weirdest friends.




Monday, 11 September 2006
I'm Not Missing You by Stacie Orrico
Qiaojing and Weihao, both of you lost the bet. He didn't call, so both of you pay up!

I'm Not Missing You by Stacie Orrico

Oh, Oh I’m not missing you Been through just about everything that I could go through When it comes to relationships Don’t know what I was missing or why I ain’t listen When I told myself that was it Now here I go, hurt again Cause of my curiousity Now that it’s over What else could it be, he just had to cheat I made a promise never to settle Why didn’t I keep it? Cause I hated the heartbreak Crying and cheating, the fooling around [chorus] (But) I’m not missing you I’m not going through the motions Waiting and hoping you call me I’m not missing you You might have had me open But I must be going because I got life to do I know I’m usually hanging on I used to hate to see you gone But this time it’s different I don’t even feel the distance I’m not missing I’m not missing you It’s a shame in a way cause I feel that I may not ever find the right one for me Did I leave him, is he right in front of my face oh Will my true love ever be? Why would I go on a search again When I know what the end will be What good is love when it keeps on hurting me? I made a promise never to settle Why didn’t I keep it? Cause I hated the heartbreak Crying and cheating, the fooling around [Chorus x 2] (But) I’m not missing you I’m not going through the motions Waiting and hoping you call me I’m not missing you You might have had me open But I must be going because I got life to do I know I’m usually hanging on I used to hate to see you gone But this time it’s different I don’t even feel the distance I’m not missing I’m not missing you No I can’t be with you Cause I'm scared felt like I was falling when you left me I can’t keep going through life Unaware of what I missed And the person I could be Love's good when it’s right And when it's left in your memory All the times I let you down I guess love will be nice for someone else's life [Chorus] (But) I’m not missing you I’m not going through the motions Waiting and hoping you call me I’m not missing you You might have had me open But I must be going because I got life to do I know I’m usually hanging on I used to hate to see you gone (I used to hate it) Oh different, oh feel the distance I’m not missing I’m not missing you I’m not going through the motions Waiting and hoping you call me (knockin' at my door) You might have had me open But I must be going because (it's the best day of my life) I know I’m usually hanging on I used to hate to see you gone Oh different, feel the distance I’m not missing I’m not missing you I'm not missing you (oh baby) I'm not missing you I'm so over you It ain't even a problem



Friday, 08 September 2006
I Will Survive
Rats should be the only problem I encountered at this god-forsaken place. I would think and so would you. Boy, are we wrong.

Now, I just realised the freaking roof is freaking leaking so the freaking rain is freaking splashing on the freaking parapet wall and it's freaking splashing all over me as well.

Is there no end to this?! New York, are you freaking worth this?

I tell you. If I can survive this place, there's nowhere else in this world that can kill me already.

STOP FREAKING DRIPPING ALREADY, STUPID RAINWATER! STOP BEFORE I FEED YOU TO THE RATS!



Monday, 04 September 2006
Minute of Silence
A minute of silence for Mr Steve Irwin, one of my (and Chewy's) favourite tv personalities.

I still can't quite believe he's gone.



Saturday, 02 September 2006
The Blind Guy
A blind man and his guide dog enter a bar and find their way to a bar stool.
After ordering a drink and sitting there for a while, the blind guy yells to the bartender, "Hey, you wanna hear a blonde joke?"
The bar immediately becomes absolutely quiet. In a husky, deep voice, the woman next to him says, "Before you tell that joke, you should know something. The bartender is blonde, the bouncer is blonde and I'm a 6' tall, 200 lb. blonde with a black belt in karate.
What's more, the woman sitting next to me is blonde and she's a weightlifter. The lady to your right is a blonde, and she's a pro wrestler."
"Think about it seriously, Mister. You still wanna tell that joke?"
The blind guy says, "Nah, not if I'm gonna have to explain it five times."

No comments: